Complementary Medicine (CAM) - Its current position and its potential for European healthcare
In March 2008 the ECH, ECPM, ICMART and IVAA published the document Complementary Medicine (CAM) - Its current position and its potential for European healthcare.
The document deals with the following subjects:
- definition of CAM, its upsurge, holistic approach
- citizens’ decisions about their health, their motives for choosing CAM, their need for proper information
- therapeutic partnership and patient empowerment
- CAM as a safe and effective complement or alternative to conventional medicine
- need for CAM research
- supranational CAM policy recommendations
- integrated medicine.
The document can be downloaded here.
Hard copies are available from the ECH secretariat.